söndag 3 november 2013

Ashur´s EC experience 2013 part 1: LCQ



















Hi. Lots and lots and lots of people have begged me to write something about my EC experience this year. I will, but it will be in a short and strict format. The arrows on the table graphics shows the amount of pressure a Methuselah put on his or her prey – yellow is “not much”, orange is “some” and red is “a lot”. 

First: Last Chance Qualifier 2013, Stockholm, Sweden.

In spite the EC was in my hometown this year, I felt really uninspired. I wasn´t qualified, so I felt like playing a easy deck that could take at least 1 game win. I also had been in the finals with a Kindred Spirits deck just one week before this, so I took that deck. Yes, it has no bounce. And yes, that extra Uncle George should have been a extra Persia instead.

CRYPT:
1 x Adelaide Davis (4)
1 x Persia, the Beautiful Statue (5)
2 x Uncle George (5)
1 x Tony (6)
1 x Midget (3)
1 x Yorik (3)
1 x Claven (4)
1 x Artemis (6)
1 x Dolphin Black (6)
1 x Ruth McGinley (6)
1 x Korah (7)

LIBRARY:
3 x Dreams
1 x The Barrens
2 x Misdirection
2 x Villein
4 x Wash
2 x Agent of Power
1 x Uncoiling
/15

18 x Kindred Spirits
1 x Restructure
/19

3 x Elder Impersonation
4 x Lost in Crowds
3 x Spying Mission
3 x Cloak the Gathering
3 x Faceless Night
3 x Swallowed by the Night
2 x Domain of Evernight
8 x Confusion
1 x Deny
6 x Eyes of Chaos
/36

4 x On the Qui Vive
3 x Delaying Tactics
4 x Touch of Clarity
/11
/81


Table 1:


















Difficulty for me: 1/5. This pretty much fell into my lap.
My performance: 4/5. Can´t complain, although it was more about luck than skill. I had no deck and just a few minutes left when it ended though.
The other players: Sergio play this very slow, I´m not sure what his plan was. Elisabet is a new player, she just bled full throttle, making some beginner mistakes in timing and defense. Donk was totally owned. I thought Peter was able to stop me, but he had a bad draw with no wakes when he needed them.
Lesson to learn: Not really.

Me: 5 vp


Table 2:


















Difficulty for me: 4/5
My performance: 2/5. I was a dead fish from start here, but Ober is a master of the noble art of overextending, so I actually had a chance for a while, when he took one of my deals.
The other players: Ober had this game in his pocket from get go. Andreas had it very difficult here, he didn´t have much defense and Ober let Kalle bled him out.
Lesson to learn:

Ober: 3 vp
Kalle: 2 vp


Table 3:



















Difficulty for me: 2/5. Looked totally winable. I was wrong.
My performance: 1/5. Had a crappy start and couldn´t even oust my super-weak prey, the pre-weenie. Neither could I defend myself against my predator, even though he was severly beaten by the !Salubri.
The other players: I am very impressed with Franck here, taking the sweep with a !Salubri bruiser. He didn´t listen to Noberts or Remeks rather highpitched tabletalk at all, and made a lot of good decisions in tricky situations. He got to the finals in this tornament.
Lesson to learn: None really. I could not do much.

Franck: 5 vp

This tournament was won by Matti Palomäki playing a White Lily rush deck. I have no idea how that happened, as I didn´t see much of the finals, but I think there was three combat decks in it. Weird.

Mission accomplished - I qualified for EC day 1. Stay tuned for more about that.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar